VOLKSWAGEN MK7 GOLF TSI/GTI/R PERFORMANCE INTERCOOLER KIT, 2015+
- Direct fit for the 2015+ Volkswagen Golf TSI/GTI/R and Audi A3/S3
- Max power gains of 14.5 whp and 13 wtq on stock tuning
- 89% increase in core volume
- 162% increase in external fin surface area
- Drops intercooler outlet temperature by 23°F
- Cast end tanks with internal diverters for optimal airflow through core
- 10% increase in average diameter over stock piping
- 30% increase in flow over stock components
- Mandrel-bent aluminum piping with durable 5-layer silicone couplers
- Bar-and-plate intercooler core construction
- Includes CNC-machined adjustable mounting brackets for precise installation
- Piping available in polished and wrinkle black finishes
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
The mantra behind the grandfather of all hot-hatchbacks has long since been that big things come in small packages. Now on its 7th generation, the 2015+ Golf TSI/GTI/R’s and its intercooling system are about to receive a much-needed overhaul with the Mishimoto Performance Intercooler Kit.
The stock system can be best described as the meat in an intercooler sandwich. It’s no wonder with it placed directly between the radiator and AC condenser that this tube-and-fin constructed intercooler has trouble keeping up. Where this lighter core coupled with plastic end tanks might be suited for mass production and tame street driving, it will struggle to keep your intake air temperatures down under more intense driving, especially after the boost is turned up.
The Mishimoto 2015+ Volkswagen MK7 Golf TSI/GTI/R Performance Intercooler, armed with an arsenal of cooling technology, takes the place of the stock intercooler. Our engineers were able to squeeze in a larger core, increasing the overall volume by 89% over stock and bumping up the external fin surface area by 162%. On top of the larger core, our all-aluminum, TIG-welded intercooler features a more robust bar-and-plate construction for better heat dissipation characteristics. In addition, the cast aluminum end tanks are integrated with airflow diverters to ensure use of the full core.
In addition to the more robust intercooler, our Performance Intercooler Kit for your 2015+ Golf or Audi A3/S3 includes our Performance Intercooler Pipe Kit. We ditched the stock plastic piping and rubber couplers for mandrel-bent aluminum piping and 5-layer silicone couplers. Our piping increases the air channels to and from the intercooler to 2.75 inches, resulting in a 30% increase in flow.
When combined, our innovations for the MK7 intercooling system yielded max power gains of 14.5 whp and 13 wtq on the stock tuning. In addition, our charged air cooler dropped intercooler outlet temperatures by 23°F over stock equipment. Our 2015+ Volkswagen MK7 Golf TSI/GTI/R Performance Intercooler Kit also includes a pair of CNC-machined aluminum mounting brackets, and our piping is available in wrinkle black and polished finishes. As with all of our products, the Volkswagen MK7 Golf TSI/GTI/R Performance Intercooler Kit includes our Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty for a worry-free installation.
Installation Torque Specs
27 in-lbs (3N*M) recommended for all t-bolt and constant tension t-bolt clamps. These clamps have an operating range of 18-35 in-lbs (2-4N*M). Do not exceed the maximum torque rating of 35 in-lbs (4N*M).
(1) Performance Intercooler
(1) Performance Piping Kit
(2) CNC-Machined Aluminum Mounting Brackets
(4) Silicone Couplers
(8) High-Torque Worm Gear Clamps
Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
2015+ Volkswagen Golf TSI
2015+ Volkswagen GTI
2015+ Volkswagen Golf R
2015+ Audi A3
2015+ Audi S3
2016+ Audi TT
24.4″ x 16″ x 2.2″
- 36 lbs
- 38 × 21.5 × 8.3 in