GrimmSpeed 097001 13+ Subaru BRZ / 13+ Scion FR-S Hood Struts
- Opens Hood 35% Higher Than OEM - Better access and light for working
- Perfect Hood Balance - Struts are optimized for BRZ/FR-S hood size and weight
- Eliminates OEM Hood Prop - No risk of hood falling, more access when wrenching
- CNC Laser Cut Brackets - Precision cut and bent for a perfect fit
- Premium Quality Struts - Larger strut body for smoother operation, made in the USA!
- Durable DuPont Texture Black Powdercoat - Protects brackets with an OEM finish
- FARO Arm Designed - Allows more precise design and a stronger, better fitting product
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
- Add a review
Tired of that ugly OEM hood prop blocking your view of that beautiful FA20 boxer engine? Always wanted to open your feather-light hood with just a couple of fingers? Annoyed that the hood prop is always in your way while you’re working in your engine bay? GrimmSpeed to the rescue. A close collaboration between FT86Club.com members and GrimmSpeed, this kit delivers in a big way. We hate to use the “P” word, but designing this kit to be perfectly balanced was a requirement. Lift the hood halfway and you’ll find a generous neutral zone. Leave your hood here for a sleek look at that local car show. Alternatively, a flick of the wrist is all that’s required to coax your hood into its fully opened position. To close, simply hold the hood below its neutral zone and let go. No need to risk scratches or deformation by pushing your hood closed.
- Opens Hood 35% Higher Than OEM – Better access and light for working
- Perfect Hood Balance – Struts are optimized for BRZ/FR-S hood size and weight
- Eliminates OEM Hood Prop – No risk of hood falling, more access when wrenching
- CNC Laser Cut Brackets – Precision cut and bent for a perfect fit
- Premium Quality Struts – Larger strut body for smoother operation, made in the USA!
- Durable DuPont Texture Black Powdercoat – Protects brackets with an OEM finish
- FARO Arm Designed – Allows more precise design and a stronger, better fitting product
This kit was designed using our in-house FARO Arm and an accompanying suite of CAD software. We began by mapping the BRZ/FR-S hood and engine bay in 3D CAD (see one of our engineers in action below). From there, a lifting linkage was designed, analyzed, prototyped, and tested. After months of testing and revisions, the brackets went into production using the latest in laser cutting and CNC bending equipment. What that means for you is a system that will fit and operate correctly, every single time, for years to come. What about the struts, you ask? They’re beefy. Custom built to our exacting specifications, these struts feature a large diameter body that provides excellent opening force without sacrificing smoothness and control. Rounding it all out is a heavy-duty textured black DuPont Powdercoat and black zinc hardware.
With the use and exposure that a hood strut kit will see on a regular basis, material selection and finishing options are critically important. All brackets are produced from a mild steel alloy that maintains its integrity after laser cutting and bending. After a thorough cleaning, the parts are all powder coated a durable DuPont texture black. The next key component is the struts themselves. More specifically, these are referred to as gas springs. Manufactured in the USA, these are of the highest quality and are used by OEMs around the world. These custom valved units (to perfectly match the weight of the BRZ/FRS hood) are paired with clear zinc hardware and a quick-release ball and socket. Last, but certainly not least, is the included hardware. All hardware is grade 8.8 or higher and zinc coated for longevity.
– 2013+ Subaru BRZ
– 2013+ Toyota FRS/86
- 3.9 lbs
- 25.299226 × 3.401577 × 3.299214 in
Whiteline VAG MK4/MK5 FWD Only Front 24mm Adjustable X-Heavy Duty Swaybar
Uncategorized 223.37$ + Add to cart
ANZO 2003-2005 Nissan 350Z Crystal Headlights Black
Uncategorized 218.93$ + Add to cart
Hawk 13 Scion FR-S / 13 Subaru BRZ/10-12 Legacy 2.5 GT/3.6R DTC-60 Race Rear Brake Pads
Uncategorized 186.71$ + Add to cart
Hawk 13 Subaru BRZ / 13 Scion FR-S HP Plus Front Street Brake Pads
Uncategorized 145.87$ + Add to cart
There are no reviews yet.